Sonni's Family and Our Friends

Bringing together the people who matter the most to us in a place where we can communicate with each other about our daily lives or discuss issues that are important to us. Let's have fun!!

Monday, July 18, 2005

Vacation is Drawing to a Close

Time sure does go by fast.  I've been gone now for almost two weeks.  When we left Maine we drove to Foxboro, Mass, and I got to see where Mom grew up.  We stopped in and had a visit with Aunty Dot.  She's 89 now.  If you look at the pictures I have earlier in the blog you will find one of her as a little girl, standing with brown ringlets.  So cute.  The next day we drove back to Pa.

We've just been kicking back visiting with people, resting up, and getting a little dental work done.  Today I'm spending time with one of my oldest friends, Cheryl, going back many, many years.  We really haven't had a chance to catch up since the last time I came to Pottstown in 1998.  She drove me around town catching up with old memories.  Everything always changes.  Parts of town I no longer recognize and parts of it seems really run down.  But there are parts that I can still imagine being in as a child.

Mom and Karen are going to have dinner with Aunt Ruth, Sharon and Tim Fritz, and a few other people.  I just couldn't do it.  There were things Aunt Ruth and Uncle Len did many years ago that showed much disrespect to my father's name and I just can't go around them and pretend that everything is okay just because a lot of time has gone by.  There will be some issues being addressed tonight that will be difficult on my mother - but I believe will go a long way toward the healing of relationships in our own family.  It's important to stand up to people who do you wrong

All in all I think that many good things have come of this trip.  Doors of communication are coming open.  It takes courage to take the step and open things up, but there is so much to gain.  It's easier to stay quiet, but if we don't talk about the things that bother us then we can never fix it.  So we will see now what comes next.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stand with you, sister. Love, Cindy

10:34 AM  
Blogger The Old Hippie said...

Good to see this blog active again, and to be able to learn so much about this, my new in-law family.  It is also great to read about the coming together of the some of the members of this wonderful family.  Kudos to you all for your courage and strengths, and. . . the love.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home