Sonni's Family and Our Friends

Bringing together the people who matter the most to us in a place where we can communicate with each other about our daily lives or discuss issues that are important to us. Let's have fun!!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

On to Penobscot

It's Tuesday morning and Mom and I are going to leave in a few hours and drive to the coast.  We're going to visit with Charles and Priscilla Ferden for a day.  Charles is Uncle Ellsworth's son.  Uncle E is the deceased brother of Nana Bunker (mom's mother) who lives in Grass Valley.  I haven't been to Maine since I was a very young child and about all I remember is picking strawberries and mom and dad getting lost at a fair and I couldn't find them.  I must have been around 2 years old at the time.

Yesterday, after Cindy went to work, we drove a half hour to the town she works in and took in a movie - War of the Worlds.  Mom didn't want to go at first but it really ended up being quite a movie.  It was based on the old H.G. Wells radio story.  We did a little shopping and then stopped for dinner.

I feel all rested up.  It took quite awhile.  I didn't have any down time before I left for this trip and about all I've wanted to do is sleep.  But the last few days have all been pretty lazy with nothing to do at any particular time.  I didn't walk too much around Cindy and Bill's woods.  She said there are a lot of snakes and ticks in the summer and I didn't want to deal with that.  It's hard to think that they will be smack in the middle of winter while it is still hot and humid in Key West.

1 Comments:

Blogger WilmaFritz said...

Yep - we're on our way!!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home